Tn10 derivatives

Stanley Maloy s-maloy at
Fri Nov 11 18:05:33 EST 1994

Does anyone know where we could get a Tn10 derivative with Sp or Sm
resistance (or any other selectable marker besides Tc, Km, Cm, Ap, or

We want to do transposon mutagenesis in a Salmonella typhimurium strain
with a Tn10 held chromosomal duplication and a Km resistant Mud fusion
with a linked Tn10dCm insertion (for backcrosses) and saving Ap
sensitivity (because we may want to bring in a Ap resistant plasmid for in
vivo cloning of any interesting chromosomal mutants).

Stanley Maloy
Department of Microbiology
University of Illinois
131 Burrill Hall, 407 S. Goodwin Ave