gene sequencing-HELP

Stephen R. Lasky, Ph.D. alt.binaries.pictures.erotica.blondes alt.binaries.pictures.erotica.d alt.binaries.pictures.erotica.female alt.binaries.pictures.erotica.male alt.binaries.pictures.erotica.orientals alt.binaries.pictures.fine-art.d alt Stephen_Lasky at brown.edualt.fan.hello-kittyalt.fan.hofstadteralt.fan.holmesalt.fan.howard-sternalt.fan.howard-stern.fartmanalt.fan.hurricane.yipalt.fan.itchy-n-scratchyalt.fan.james-bondalt.fan.jello-biafraalt.fan.jen-
Fri Nov 11 15:23:18 EST 1994

> Francoise Roquet (roquet at ljcrf.edu) wrote:
> <snip>
> : The gel sticks on the plate and when I peel the blotting paper up off
> : the plate, the gel never comes with it! what can I do?
> <snip>

you might want to try  Rain-X or some product like that.  Makes the gel
come right off the plate.  If you are pouring the plates in a horizontal
position without taping, you might want to only do one plate.  If you
tape, you can siliconize (treat with Rain-X) both plates. If you do both
plates be sure to wash the plates well after siliconization because the
gel can crawl out of the top during electrophoresis if you don't.

Hope that helps

SRLasky

--
Roger Williams Medical Center/Brown University