help:how tomake 250ug 130bp fragment?

Karen Browning kbrowning at MAIL.UTEXAS.EDU
Fri Nov 11 11:14:30 EST 1994

wolle at biochem.purdue.edu (Dana Wolle) says:

>>   I need 250ug of a 130bp DNA fragment for affinity column. I don't know
>>what is the goog method to make it. Anybody can help?
>>
>>  lu at aclcb.purdue.edu
>What you need to do is to repeatedly PCR the fragment. You can get
>maybe a microgram of product from a single PCR reaction. Therefore
>250 PCR reactions will give you what you want.

Would it not make better sense to clone this fragment (with appropriate
restriction sites) and use the E. coli to make it for you?  You would then
have a source to make more when your affinity column wears out.