Chomczynski traumas!

Carlisle Landel landel at helios
Fri Nov 11 10:08:47 EST 1994

In article <39qfo2$m9t at unicorn.ccc.nottingham.ac.uk>,
Simon Dawson  <mbxspd at unicorn.nott.ac.uk> wrote:
>Ok....an answer to the 2M NaOAc pH4...maybe. We have had the same
>problem. Pain in the *** isn't it? The way we do it now is...say we

Actually, the answer is quite easy.  Make up some 2M NaOAc.  Make up some
2M Glacial acetic acid.  Mix until you get the right pH.  Somewhere you
should be able to find the buffer table that tells you how much of each
to add, or you can derive it theoretically, or you can figure it out
empirically.

Carlisle Landel

PS  I have a *very* foggy recollection that the ration is something like
8:2, acid to salt, but I could very well be wrong.