Xenopus oocytes/expression/DNA injection nucleus

Andreas Buhr Buhr at pki.unibe.ch
Fri Nov 11 09:32:22 EST 1994

Hi netters,

I would like to ask if someone has experience with DNA injection into the
nucleus of Xenopus oocytes.

Experiments with a dye indicated that we can inject into the nucleus with
90% probability. Next, we did an experiment injecting 10 nl DNA in 5 mM
HEPES pH 7.4 ( 0.01 to 10 ng DNA) into the nucleus. The constructs have a
CMV promoter/enhancer and a SV40 Poly A. After 3 days we found in 2/10
oocytes  2 myA using 10 ng DNA. The other amounts didn't expressed
currents.

Any comments and advice is appreciated

Posted this article also in bionet.neuroscience

Andreas Buhr
Pharmakologisches Institut
Universitaet Bern
Switzerland