Sequencing near primer problems.

OVan-Ham 37_410 at uwovax.uwo.ca
Fri Nov 11 15:04:01 EST 1994

I'm trying to sequence an area close to my primer (<20bp) using the Promega
fmol cycle sequencing kit.  The problem I've encountered is that I'm
getting very strong bands running across all four sample lanes, both above
and below the primer band.  These bands run about 24bp 5' to the primer
(which, coincidentaly is my primer size) and can be very dark, or light.

Has anyone else encountered this problem?  And more importantly, has
anyone solved it?  If so please let me know what you've done.

OVan-Ham at UWO.CA