gene sequencing-HELP

Eric C. Anderson anderson at pharmdec.wustl.edu
Fri Nov 11 17:41:35 EST 1994

In article <Cz11x3.4Io at ljcrf.edu>, "Francoise Roquet" <roquet at ljcrf.edu>
wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> I'm new in molecular biology.  I would like to sequence  a 300 pb fragment using
> the dideoxy method. Everything is OK except when I want to recuperate the gel to
> put it in the gel dryer. The gel sticks on the plate and when I peel the
> blotting paper up off the plate, the gel never comes with it! what can I do?
> Thank you very much.

are you siliconizing your sequencing plates?  if not, you'll never be able
to get the gel off the glass.  use either Sigmacote (the old standard which
works pretty well in most circumstances) from Sigma or something similar.
if you're already doing this, then i can't be of much help.

eric

--
*Of course it's not true...         *
anderson at pharmdec.wustl.edu
washington univ. school of medicine              (314)862-2435 (home)
660 s. euclid box 8103                           (314)362-7058 (FAX)
st. louis, mo 63110