inducible mammalian expression vector

davis at davis at
Sun Nov 13 18:08:08 EST 1994

In article <dobbelaere-111194115411 at>,
dobbelaere at (dirk dobbelaere) writes:

> In other words, we are frantically looking for other reliable inducible
> systems in which expression of dominant negative mutants or antisense RNA
> can be tightly controlled, allowing us to monitor the inhibitory effects in
> detail.

I have been using a tetracycline-repressible system for expression of cytokines
which works very nicely.  I have not used it for antisense expression but I
would think it would be perfectly suited for this.  Have a look at:

Gossen M and Bujard H.  Tight control of gene expression in mammalian cells by
tetracycline-responsive promoters.  PNAS USA 89: 5547-5551, 1992.

Address: Zentrum fur Molekulare Biologie der Universitat Heidelberg
Im Neuenheimer Feld 282
D-69120 Heidelberg

Ph: 49 6221 568214, Fax 49 6221 565 892

They are extremely helpful and thoroughly nice people!

Ian Davis					davis at
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research
Melbourne Tumour Biology Branch
Melbourne, Australia.