inducible mammalian expression vector

davis at wehi.edu.au davis at wehi.edu.au
Sun Nov 13 18:08:08 EST 1994

In article <dobbelaere-111194115411 at itpamac8.unibe.ch>,
dobbelaere at ipa.unibe.ch (dirk dobbelaere) writes:

> In other words, we are frantically looking for other reliable inducible
> systems in which expression of dominant negative mutants or antisense RNA
> can be tightly controlled, allowing us to monitor the inhibitory effects in
> detail.

I have been using a tetracycline-repressible system for expression of cytokines
which works very nicely.  I have not used it for antisense expression but I
would think it would be perfectly suited for this.  Have a look at:

Gossen M and Bujard H.  Tight control of gene expression in mammalian cells by
tetracycline-responsive promoters.  PNAS USA 89: 5547-5551, 1992.

Address: Zentrum fur Molekulare Biologie der Universitat Heidelberg
Im Neuenheimer Feld 282
D-69120 Heidelberg
Germany

Ph: 49 6221 568214, Fax 49 6221 565 892

They are extremely helpful and thoroughly nice people!

Ian Davis					davis at licre.ludwig.edu.au
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research
Melbourne Tumour Biology Branch
Melbourne, Australia.