! ! ! ! ! H E L P ! ! ! ! !

Shahram Mori smori at nmsu.edu
Sun Nov 13 23:17:12 EST 1994

Graeme Mulvaney (byh003 at coventry.ac.uk) wrote:
: HELP ! ! ! !

: I am a final year biochemistry student in Coventry University, for
: my project I have to Isolate Alkaline phosphatease from Thermus aquaticus.
: Can anybody help me ?
: I am looking for assistance with growing the Bacterium, isolating and
: purfying the enzyme and assaying the enzyme!

: If you have any experiance working with extremely thermophilic bacteria
: then PLEASE mail me ! ! !

: My life is in your hands (well sort of !)

: Thank you ! !

: Graeme Mulvaney

: P.S. My project starts in 3 weeks time !!

Have you considered using antibody to the protein coupled to a sepharose
column? Break cells open, ammonium sulphate fractionated, and run the
fractions over the column. The protein will bind to the column.
Cheers

--
Shahram Mori					   _/\_
Program in Molecular Biology			  _\  /_ Saskatoon/SK/CANADA