vertebrate expression vectors

Dave Bates dobates at ucdavis.edu
Mon Nov 14 14:57:15 EST 1994

In article <00987756.7EDA7FCF at nefeli.imbb.forth.gr>
skoufos at nefeli.imbb.forth.gr writes:

> Dear Netters:
>
> Does any of you know of expression vectors that release the expressed
> protein in the tissue culture medium and work in mammalian cell lines?
> Or do you know of suitable candidates to be used as fussion proteins
> for construction of such vectors?
>
> Thanks a lot
> Emmanuel
>
> Emmanuel Skoufos, Ph.D.
> Insect Molecular Biology Group
> Institute of Molecular Biology and Biotechnology
> P. O. Box 1527
> Heraklion, Crete GR71110
> Greece
> Phone:xx-30-81-212890

Secreted Human Growth Hormone has been cloned into an expression vector
which is commercially available as a kit. For details look up Jahroudi
and Lynch PNAS, Feb 1994. That's where I saw it first but you can
probably find it in one of the Stratagene/Clontech/Promega catalogues
etc.

Good Luck

-
Dave Bates PhD                                     Tel: 916 752-7081
Postdoctoral Researcher                            Fax: 916 758-2554
Dept of Human Physiology                         email:
dobates at ucdavis.edu
University of California at Davis                drink: anything
Davis, California 95616, USA            No I don't have a sense of
humour
                                                now buy me a beer