The Case of the Vanishing Intron

Thierry Nouspikel TEST3 at
Mon Nov 14 10:22:07 EST 1994

In article <39uaih$1rv at>
salger at (Klaus Salger) writes:

>Taq has some reverse transcriptase activity. I found two
>references about that.
>Maybe you want to treat your DNA with RNase to exclude this possibility?

Well, thanks for your suggestion, Klaus. I may try using RNAse although I
don't really believe in this explanation: if the unexpected band in the
genomic PCR was due to RNA contamination I should also see a minor, misspliced
band. I don't see why only the correctly spliced product would

>If  you find the explanation, please post it!
I will... provided I find one.

Thierry Nouspikel, MD                 ¦ "Un technocrate c'est un mec,
Genetics & Microbiology Dpmt          ¦ tu lui poses une question,
University of Geneva, Switzerland     ¦ quand il a fini de répondre
nouspike at                 ¦ tu comprends plus ta question."
fax:41/22/329.34.04                   ¦ Michel Coluci, dit "Coluche"