A recipe for whole-mount in situ hybridization on vertebrate embryos

David Ish-Horowicz d-horowicz at icrf.icnet.uk
Mon Nov 14 05:02:03 EST 1994

I previously wrote:

>As many labs may find it useful, we are making available (via anonymous
>ftp file-transfer) a recipe for whole-mount in situ  hybridization on
>vertebrate embryos. ...

followed by

> I have been told that there are problems with the rtf-formatted version of
> the recipe I just posted. It begins with an unnecessary paragraph mark
> that prevents decoding. It should be removed by editing the text file.
> I'll fix the posted file ASAP.

The file is now fixed and should decode without editing. For those of you
unfortunate enough not to use Mac's (and so unable to use the binhexed
native WORD file - hqx file), the rtf file must begin exactly (!) with:
{\rtf1\mac\deff2

To repeat, the files are available by anonymous ftp at:

ftp://ftp.lif.icnet.uk/icrf-public/recipes/insiturecipe11_95.hqx
ftp://ftp.lif.icnet.uk/icrf-public/recipes/insiturecipe11_95.rtf

David Ish-Horowicz
ICRF Developmental Biology Unit, Oxford
d_horowicz at icrf.icnet.uk