EZ-COMP kit experiences?

John Brunstein brunstei at UNIXG.UBC.CA
Tue Nov 15 11:54:23 EST 1994

	Haven't tried the kit, but 1x10e6 tranformants/ug doesn't seem to
be very efficient, even for routine cloning work.  A relatively easy
CaCl2 type competent bug prep may take a few hours, but you can do it
once a year and save the cells at -80C, all with 10-100X better
efficiency.  This also enables to to check each lot of cells once,
instead of having to test for contamination and efficiency each and every
time you want to make them.
	Just my acrylamide-induced thoughts on the matter!