Activated gel supports. Comments?

Marc Goldstein ez001427 at dale.ucdavis.edu
Tue Nov 15 21:57:40 EST 1994

Netters-

	I'm thinking of using affinity chromatography to purify an
antibody out of a crude rabbit serum, and I am wondering which affinity
supports work well for medium sized (~70 kDa) protein antigens.  I'd like
to link the antigen to the support, and run the serum through, then elute
the specific IgG off.  I've looked up the Pharmacia activated supports,
and also those from Pierce.  Any comments on the utility of these or
other activated resins, in terms of good or bad experiences, etc. would
be appreciated.
Thanks!

Marc A. Goldstein
Section of Plant Biology