luciferase mutants and help

Steve McKinney oswald at ICHR.UWA.EDU.AU
Tue Nov 15 21:41:58 EST 1994

we have recently found and Xba I site 69bp from the 3' end of our luc
insert that should not be there.- it still expresses just fine- it is
just not what it should be , and it makes cloning hard because we need to
use Xba I
1) has anyone had this similar problem? ! seems unlikely
and
2) does anyone have a few copies of an intact 'normal' luciferase gene
they could send - preferably in australia, as we don't really wan't to
buy a whole new construct again.

thanks
steven mckinney