Long & Accurate PCR

Elizabeth Estabrook fzestabr at bullwinkle.ucdavis.edu
Wed Nov 16 15:00:15 EST 1994

Dear Thierry

Regarding

: I gathered there are now companies selling "kits" for long and accurate
: PCR (for instance TaKaRa did a lot of advertisement recently).

I recently went to a seminar from Perkin Elmer. They have a kit for large
PCR which they define as greater than 5 kb. So maybe the kit is overkill
for your product.

However one of the things that came out in the seminar is that even
though the polmerase enzyme mix has Vent (3'-5' exonuclease activity)
that the error was still about the same as with just TAQ alone. So I
don't know if you will be able to get around this problem, easily.

Elizabeth
emestabrook at ucdavis.edu