373 Wizard Miniprep (Promega) for 373A ABI Sequencer

Thomas Newman 22313tcn at ibm.cl.msu.edu
Wed Nov 16 10:13:38 EST 1994

In article <3aamsg$94n at obelix.cica.es>, bb1dopeg at lucano.uco.es (Gabriel
Dorado) wrote:

> We are experiencing problems with the yield of the 373A Wizard Miniprep
> (Promega) kit for the 373A ABI Sequencer. Typically, yields as low as
> 100 ng pBluescript /1 ml XL-1blue cells.

We use the wizard minipreps (300-400 per week) with a different strain,
DH10B which is known to give higher yields than XL-1 blue.  We found a big
difference in bacterial culture media, and use Macconnell Research
(telephone: 800-466-7949) MR2000 media which is a low protein mdia that
really helped both the quality and quantity of the wizard minipreps.  We
grow our cultures for 24 hours to get optimum yields.

Normal Disclaimers apply.

Thomas Newman
MSU-DOE Plant Research Lab
DNA Sequencing Facility