gross chromatin structure

michelle or doug...... d-burtrum at
Tue Nov 15 17:33:34 EST 1994

Can someone give me some insights (references, protocols, or general
discussion) as to how I might look at the gross morphology of mammalian
chromosomes?  We have a transgenic mouse line which haves sometimes
inexplicable results in various molecular assays, and we think one
possibility may be that the chromatin structure may somehow be changed by
transgene expression.  I would like to compare the chromatin structure in
various tissues from transgenic and non-transgenic littermates.  Thanks
for your help.

Michelle Tourigny
mrtour at

or Michelle