PCR with radioactive nucleotides

Timo Hiltunen bltihi at uta.fi
Wed Nov 16 04:00:13 EST 1994

ROSS at SCI.WFEB.EDU wrote:

: We have been doing PCR with S35 nucleotides and have just found that
: the PCR block is heavily contaminated.  The manufacturer of the PCR
: says that S35 can go through the walls of the tube.  This is a little
: hard for me to believe.  I wonder if some tubes do not seal properly.
: In any case,  have other people had this problem and is there any
: way to avoid this type of contamination??

: 					Alonzo Ross
: 					Worcester Foundation
: 					ROSS at SCI.WFEB.EDU

Hi!

I have used 33P-dCTP (DuPont) for my primer extension ( :) ) experiments
and have not had any major contamination problems (none with the
thermal cycler).

Timo Hiltunen
Univ. of Tampere