Long & Accurate PCR

Thierry Nouspikel TEST3 at cmu.unige.ch
Wed Nov 16 10:42:55 EST 1994

Hello collegues,

I gathered there are now companies selling "kits" for long and accurate
PCR (for instance TaKaRa did a lot of advertisement recently).

Does anybody have experience with these? What product would you recomend ?
My goal is to amplify a ~4Kb mRNA by RT-PCR, to clone it and to seach the
clones for mutations. Thus is has to be accurate: I don't want to sequence
half a dozen of clones to tell the mutation(s) from PCR-introduced errors.

Thanks for any advice,

                                     Thierry Nouspikel

Thierry Nouspikel, MD                 ¦ "Un technocrate c'est un mec,
Genetics & Microbiology Dpmt          ¦ tu lui poses une question,
University of Geneva, Switzerland     ¦ quand il a fini de répondre
nouspike at cmu.unige.ch                 ¦ tu comprends plus ta question."
fax:41/22/329.34.04                   ¦ Michel Coluci, dit "Coluche"