milky PAGE gel-what gives??

gc genecutl at mendel.berkeley.edu
Thu Nov 17 21:28:15 EST 1994

In article <rapr-1711941623180001 at quadra800.pathology.pitt.edu>,
rapr at med.pitt.edu (Robert Preston) wrote:

< I'm trying to figure out what's causing my 8% 0.5X TBE PAGE gel to polymerize
< with a slight milkiness in it.  TEMED is one of the last variables untested:
< Anyone know causes of milky gels, I'm tired of futzing with this.

I don't know if this applies to your case, but gels turn a milky color if
they get dehydrated, e.g. if you add too much methanol.

< --
< Robert Preston                                    rapr at med.pitt.edu
< U. Pittsburgh Pathology Dept.                   Pittsburgh PA 15261
< vox 412-648-9573                                   fax 412-648-1916
< The ideas and opinions are not necessarily original, but the
< distribution constitutes postcardware. Send me a colorful stamp.

--gc

...doom is like the handle of a pot, |        stop waiting, it's
it's there, know it, have ice in your|         already happened.
tea, marry, have children, visit your|   genecutl at mendel.berkeley.edu
dentist, do not scream at night even |http://sp1.berkeley.edu/gc.html
if you feel like screaming...   -cb  |       http://sp1.berkeley.edu/
**find-the-spam::dada server::mass fiction::guess the macromolecule**