Alternatives to MYC epitope tag

J. Kaufmann kaufmann at cmu.unige.ch
Thu Nov 17 03:29:19 EST 1994

In article <199411151958.OAA25698 at medlib.iaims.georgetown.edu>,
nmusto01 at gumedlib.dml.georgetown.edu (NEAL MUSTO) wrote:

> Can anyone suggest an alternative to using a MYC epitope as and
> immunological tag. Ideally it should be of a limited sequence, with
> readily available reagents (read antibodies).

I can suggest you the FLAG epitope, which can be cleaved off by
enterokinase. Two monoclonal antibodies against FLAG are available from
IBI/Kodak. Antibody M1 recognizes the epitope when it is exposed at the
N-terminal of a protein. Antibody M2 recognizes it when it is internal or
C-terminal. FLAG is 8 amino acids long.

Jocelyne Kaufmann
--
Jocelyne Kaufmann