ABI 373 DNA sequencer

Dieter Deforce ddeforce at allserv.rug.ac.be
Fri Nov 18 10:43:59 EST 1994

Jacqueline Vanderstappen (jacqueline.vanderstap at agr.kuleuven.ac.be) wrote:
: Hello,

: I have some questions concerning the use of the automated ABI 373 stretch
: sequencer.

: We've recently bought the upgrade version (34cm WTR). Sometimes we have
: problems with directly sequencing dsPCR products with the Taq dye terminator
: kit. It's not a problem of reactions because the sequencing with the same
: reactions have worked with the previous version of ABI 373 (24cm WTR). Is
: this a problem of the gel (other concentration) or/and of the running
: conditions. We now run the samples at 30 W.
: Is this too high for PCR products?

: We tried to use the Sequenase dye terminator kit for dsPCR products but it
: didn't work? Is there somebody who has good experience with it? We perform
: the sequencing directly on double-stranded PCR products.

: Thanks,

: Vander Stappen Jacqueline
: KULeuven
: Laboratory of Gene Technology
: W.deCroylaan 42
: 3001 Heverlee
: Belgium
: e-mail: Jacqueline.Vanderstap at agr.kuleuven.ac.be

:
Try contacting Petro Bosch of ABI Perkin Elmer Nederland his phone is
01820/75481
--
Drs.Apr. Dieter Deforce     Harelbekestraat 72,9000 Gent,Belgium
E-mail : Dieter.Deforce at rug.ac.be
tel : 09/221.99.43
fax : 09/220.66.88
Laboratory of Farmaceutical Biotechnology