milky PAGE gel-what gives??

LKM100F at ODUVM.BITNET LKM100F at ODUVM.BITNET
Fri Nov 18 12:06:09 EST 1994

Robert Preston wrote asking about the possible causes of milky polyacrylamide
gels.  He is pouring 8% gels with 0.5X TBE.

  I don't actually know the answer to your question, but we found that poor
quality water did something similar to SDS-PAGE gels when we destained.  We
found out by accident - a new student used tap water instead of the good
stuff!  However, the gel recovered and all was fine.  Maybe someone else can
suggest another idea?  Laura Moen  LKM100F at ODUVM.cc.odu.edu