lambda packaging kits

John Dixon jpcd0 at mole.bio.cam.ac.uk
Fri Nov 18 08:02:52 EST 1994

In article <CzF90v.81o at acsu.buffalo.edu>, campcl at ubvms.cc.buffalo.edu wrote:

> Hello,
>         I would be interested in hearing about what experiences and
> comments you all many have with respect to the ease of use, cost-
> effectiveness, and/or best lambda packing kit/extracts to use.

I have been using the Ready to Go lambda packaging kit from Pharmacia.
This is stable at room temp, which is a great relief compared to the
Stratagene kits I used previously. They cost £70 here, for 7 reactions,
and the two times I did a control packaging reaction I got efficiencies of
2.2 x10 E8 and 1.8 x10E8 plaques/ug DNA. I have stopped doing this control
because of the expense, and have experienced no problems yet.

No affiliation etc etc

Good luck

--
John Dixon                     Lab 44 (223) 334131
Wellcome/CRC Institute         Fax 44 (223) 334134
United Kingdom       e-m: jpcd0 at mole.bio.cam.ac.uk