milky PAGE gels

pattonaj%phvax.dnet at sb.com pattonaj%phvax.dnet at sb.com
Fri Nov 18 08:31:38 EST 1994

Robert
I don't know if this is of any help but gels that I pour for gel shift
using a Stratagene kit are always milky but run fine. When I poured the
first one I was a bit surprised and rang them up. They techies said it was
due to the pH of the acrylamide and there was nothing to worry about so I
stopped worrying! I'm not sure whats in their buffer but as most gel shifts
are run in 0.5x TBE I wonder if you are experiencing the same thing? Try
the gels if you haven't already they may be ok.

Amanda