RNA storage in guanidinium isothiocyanate

Andre Hamel hamel at cc.umanitoba.ca
Sat Nov 19 20:32:06 EST 1994

RNA stores perfectly well frozen in GITC ... -70*C so much the better.

Even crude lyates (tissues, cells homogenized in GITC) store well frozen @
-70*C ... several months.

I recommend extracting with phenol, CHCl3, etc once thawed ... on ice of
course!

cheers,

  Andre Hamel                      email: hamel at cc.umanitoba.ca
  Manitoba Government                         tel: 204/945-7630
  Department of Agriculture                   FAX: 204/945-8062
  Veterinary Services Branch
  Winnipeg, Manitoba, CANADA