best way to remove PCR-primers

Peter Rudolph p_rudolph at
Sat Nov 19 04:52:39 EST 1994

In article <3ai6ih$phk at>, cw117 at
(Charlie Wright (Genetics)) wrote:

> 'shame this article is empty.... I'm looking for the same information.
> I'm waffling between gel-purification and spin-columns.

In our Lab we're always using the PCR-purification-kit from QIAGEN (some
kind of spin columns). It works fine & has a good yield with fragments
Gel purification is good for smaller fragments. You can run a simple
1.6%-Gel, cut out the bands you want and use the QIAGEN-gel-extraction kit
(also a kind of spin columns - very fast).

(BTW: No, I'm not working at/for QIAGEN :-), but I think their kits are
really OK!)

p_rudolph at
MorphoSys Gesellschaft fuer Proteinoptimierung mbH