mRNA capping kits

Andreas Buhr Buhr at pki.unibe.ch
Mon Nov 21 10:16:42 EST 1994

In article <pdzah-151194090309 at ppdgtm.nottingham.ac.uk>, you wrote:

> I have just done a direct comparison between Ambion's mMessage mMachine and
> Stratagene's mCap mRNA capping kit.
>  While both kits gave full length message the yield of the MM kit was at
> least 10-fold higher.
> Anyone any suggestions as to why?
> Does MM kit have some 'magic' ingredient?
> Does anyone know how these kits compare in their relative capping
> efficiencies?
> Thanks
> Alan

Hi Alan,

What was your yield of RNA? With the CAP kit of Stratagene usualy I get
20-30 ug RNA using 2 ug plasmid in 50 yl. This equals the amount of NTP's,
I think.
A friend in Seattle told me  Ambion has problems with its kit at this
moment.
please drop me a line and forward interesting responses to your question.

Andreas

buhr at pki.unibe.ch

P.S. I tried to respond via email and got a Delivery Report (failure) for
pdzah at pdn1.gene.nott.ac.uk

Andreas