chemiluminescent detection

Sasha Kraev bckraev at aeolus.ethz.ch
Tue Nov 22 09:31:26 EST 1994

Paul, your question really puzzles me. The very first paper on the use of
chemiluminescence does describe the use of a Polaroid film for detection.
Why shouldn't a BW paper be the same? The real problem is, what are you going
to achieve using it? Is it because you think it is cheaper? In fact, a high
speed negative film (e.g.Kodak T-max 1600 ISO) should be even better, but it
is very unconvenient to develop it in total darkness. I never thought of
using anything but the X-ray film, because it is developed in a processor,
while an Ilford paper probably wouldn't be processed properly (in an X-ray
film processor).
Did I understand your problem correctly?
Have a nice day.
Sasha

P.S: A new Kodak Bio-Max (single sided) film is wonderful for the purpose!
(Do not work for Kodak, no connection etc)