Long & Accurate PCR

Duncan Clark Duncan at genesys.demon.co.uk
Tue Nov 22 04:28:13 EST 1994

In article: <3adocf$pm0 at mark.ucdavis.edu>  fzestabr at bullwinkle.ucdavis.edu (Elizabeth Estabrook) writes:

> However one of the things that came out in the seminar is that even
> though the polmerase enzyme mix has Vent (3'-5' exonuclease activity)
> that the error was still about the same as with just TAQ alone.

That's interesting 'cos Wayme Barnes showed that his KlenTaq/Pfu cocktail
(I think that is what is in Takara's kit) had 10 x better fidelity
than Taq and 2x better than Pfu. The kit from PE is full length Tth
HB8 pol plus Vent. I'd like to see a comparison by Wayne Barnes. He is
one of the few independant labs set up to do fidelity tests.

Duncan