Is the HSV-1 _tk_ gene casette commercially available?

Michiaki Masuda masuda at fcs280b.ncifcrf.gov
Mon Nov 21 20:35:28 EST 1994

    Dear fellow netters:

    I am wondering if there is any commercial source from which I can
purchase a plasmid which contains the HSV-1 tk gene. I've looked in the
ATCC catalog and found several tk gene-containing clones, but they seem
to be already in the form of a vaccinia virus vector which would be
difficult to manipulate. Besides, the patent restriction associated with
these clones makes me wonder what I'd have to deal with if I end up
making a great discovery 8-).

    I'd appreciate it if anyone could let me know a good source of the
tk gene casette.

    Thank you.

--Michiaki
Michiaki Masuda, M.D., Ph.D.