PCR with radioactive nucleotides

Paul N Hengen pnh at fcs260c2.ncifcrf.gov
Wed Nov 16 11:31:48 EST 1994

In article <01HJIHQKNE6Q002FLF at SCI.WFEB.EDU> ROSS at SCI.WFEB.EDU writes:

| We have been doing PCR with S35 nucleotides and have just found that
| the PCR block is heavily contaminated.  The manufacturer of the PCR
| says that S35 can go through the walls of the tube.  This is a little
| hard for me to believe.  I wonder if some tubes do not seal properly.
| In any case,  have other people had this problem and is there any
| way to avoid this type of contamination??
|
|					Alonzo Ross
|					Worcester Foundation
|					ROSS at SCI.WFEB.EDU

We've known about this problem for a long time now. Look at the article in
November 1993 TIBS for a summary. Most people who have switched to 33-P
experience less contamination of the block.

@article{Hengen1993Novtibs,
author = "P. N. Hengen",
title = "Methods and Reagents - Bummer buffers and lightning ligations",
volume = "18",
number = "11",
pages = "446-448",
month = "November",