In vitro translation kit?

Tue Nov 22 18:43:23 EST 1994

In article <Stephen_Lasky-2111940922330001 at>,
Stephen R. Lasky, Ph.D. <Stephen_Lasky at> wrote:
>In article <1994Nov18.104548.8772 at mbcf>, neale at wrote:
>> Can anyone recommend a reliable kit for in vitro transcription/translation?
>> We have our clone under control of T7 RNA promoter.
>> Thanks in advance,
>> Geoff Neale
>The Promega TnT kit works quite nicely although I believe it is more
>efficient from an SP6 promoter than from a T7 promoter.

Hmmm...  I would be careful when saying that.  With my particular clones,
T7 works a lot better than SP6.  The bottom line is that T7 v. SP6 is
entirely empirical, and which one works better depends on the particular
transcript you are trying to make.

-Barry (bjmarg at
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
     GEORGIA CONFEDERATE SOLDIERS	     from a monument at Antietam
					  National Battlefield, just south