In vitro translation kit?

BARRY J MARGULIES bjmarg at welchlink.welch.jhu.edu
Tue Nov 22 18:43:23 EST 1994

In article <Stephen_Lasky-2111940922330001 at poncho-slip3.cis.brown.edu>,
Stephen R. Lasky, Ph.D. <Stephen_Lasky at brown.edu> wrote:
>In article <1994Nov18.104548.8772 at mbcf>, neale at mbcf.stjude.org wrote:
>
>> Can anyone recommend a reliable kit for in vitro transcription/translation?
>>
>> We have our clone under control of T7 RNA promoter.
>>
>> Thanks in advance,
>>

>> Geoff Neale
>>

>The Promega TnT kit works quite nicely although I believe it is more
>efficient from an SP6 promoter than from a T7 promoter.
>
>SRLasky

Hmmm...  I would be careful when saying that.  With my particular clones,
T7 works a lot better than SP6.  The bottom line is that T7 v. SP6 is
entirely empirical, and which one works better depends on the particular
transcript you are trying to make.

--
-Barry (bjmarg at welchlink.welch.jhu.edu)
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx