easy band isolations

sa wiese sawiese at delphi.com
Tue Nov 22 23:25:49 EST 1994

Helo,
A long time ago, in another lab, I used a nylon membrane called
Nytex to spin DNA samples out of gel slices. I can no longer
find the manufacturer of this membrane, and have as yet found
nothing to replace it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Here's how I used it. The excised slice of gel was placed on a
small square of this membrane. They were then place across the
top of an open eppendorf tube. The lid was then closed across
the the membrance, so the gel was help near the top of the tube.
DNA and buffer then came pouring out. Great method, Quick, easy,
cheap/

Thanks for any suggestions.

SA WIESE