mRNA capping kits

Otto Froehlich ofroehl at
Fri Nov 25 23:51:29 EST 1994

Andreas Buhr (Buhr at wrote:

(some stuff deleted)

: What was your yield of RNA? With the CAP kit of Stratagene usualy I get
: 20-30 ug RNA using 2 ug plasmid in 50 yl. This equals the amount of NTP's,
: I think.
: A friend in Seattle told me  Ambion has problems with its kit at this
: moment.
: please drop me a line and forward interesting responses to your question.

: Andreas

: buhr at

Dear Andreas,
could you be more specific about the problems with Ambion's kit?
I just spent a few hundred dollars on it and would like to know what I
need to watch out for.
Thanks, Otto

Otto Froehlich                      tel. (404) 727-7417
Dept. Physiology                    FAX  (404) 727-2648
Emory University                    froehlich at
Atlanta, GA 30322                   ofroehl at