belikov at lin.irkutsk.su
Sun Nov 27 21:24:13 EST 1994
I am looking for an organization which requires fast and
economic synthsis of oligonucleotides and (or) can set up the
processes for manufacturing such a machine according to our
I have a home-made instrument for oligonucleotide
synthesis, which has been in operation for nearly 5 years. It
provides a quick and economic synthesis of oligonucleotides
according to our standards, using the H-phosphonate method.
I can synthesize half dozen of oligonucleotides per hour!
The synthesizer has the following principal features:
- one cycle time of chain elongation is not longer
than 30 seconds.
- monomer expense is not more than 5 micromoles per
- solutions expense is nearly 300 ul.
- the reactor volume is 10-30 ul.
- the machine runs in conjunction with an IBM computer.
- the amount of synthesized oligonucleotide (20-25-mer)
is 30-50 A260.
Comment: I believe that the conditions are not optimal
because all the reagents used were home-made.
Please, reply to me over e-mail
or through regular mail at the following address:
Dr. S.I. Belikov
Russian Academy of Sciences,
P.O.Box 4199, Irkutsk 664033
More information about the Methods