What is the best nylon membrane?

Mic Chaudoir mic at nwu.edu
Mon Nov 28 17:28:03 EST 1994

In article <3bcsvf$lbi at post.its.mcw.edu>, dmeier at post.its.mcw.edu (Daniel
Meier) wrote:

> Hello All,
>
>   Recently, Schleicher & Schuell changed their nylon membrane composition
> and we are getting high backgrounds.

Never used their Nylon.... we always use "GeneScreen" by Dupont, I think.
It's not just nylon, it also has some kind of background reducing
coating.  Works well for use.

 Instead of working out conditions for
> this new membrane, we would love to receive comments from you advising us as
> to what nylon membrane we should use and the hybridization/wash conditions.
>   Thanks very much.

Our conditions for genescreen are identical to the conditions that we use
for nitrocellulose experiments of the same type.

Mail if you need more info.

--
mic
mic at nwu.edu

"DOS is proof that PC users can take a joke"