BLOCKING SLN FOR DIG-SYSTEM!!

4700gbera at umbsky.cc.umb.edu 4700gbera at umbsky.cc.umb.edu
Tue Nov 29 16:28:14 EST 1994

In article <3bd4f8$qab at arcadia.informatik.uni-muenchen.de>, salger at wap18.zi.biologie.uni-muenchen.de (Klaus Salger) writes:
>chengs1 at jaguar.uofs.edu wrote:
>: A big problem in my work of Southern with Dig system: weak signal and
>: blak
>: background. Sometimes only 30 min exposure immediately after loading
>: Lumiphor530. I tried different concentration of probe but no help. I
>: think it's
>: the problem of BLOCKING. What is the optimal blocking solution? Any
>: sugestion?
>: Thanx.
>
>: Shuqiu Cheng
>: CHENGS1 at JAGUAR.UOFS.EDU

I had a problem with high backround the first time I used it, then on
a recomendation from a friend I cut back the amount of Lumiphos, and it
really helped. I think I used about half the recommended amount, or maybe
less. Have you tried giving them a call? Their technical service people
are pretty good.
Good luck-

Gina Berardesco
Univ. Massachusetts, Boston