regulation of tet promoter on pBR322???

PRAMATHESH PATEL patel_p at watson.bms.com
Wed Nov 30 09:51:00 EST 1994

Hi:
    For a specific use in a particular project I have constructed a home
made vector which is essentially like the pUC vectors except that I have
replaced the lac promoter with the tet promoter from pBR322.
    The questions I have are:

1) Is the tet promoter of pBR regulated by a tet repressor??

2) If I "express" the tet repressor in the same cell will I be able to get
a "regulateble" induction of tet promoter with chloro-tetracycline

3)  Does anybody know where I could get the tet repressor gene.

Any comments or suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Prem

e-mail:   Patel_P at BMS.com