Clogged G-amidite lines

Martin Leach leach at mbcrr.harvard.edu
Wed Nov 30 15:44:24 EST 1994

In article <Bernstein.43.000EE175 at WSU-ID.Dayton.OH.US>,
Bernstein at WSU-ID.Dayton.OH.US (Jack M. Bernstein, M.D.) wrote:

> Yes, this is a very frustrating problem we have had frequently.  From what I
> can gather from all the service techs that have visited, the G-phos is just
> extremely sensitive to ANY amount of moisture, no matter how slight.  One
> thing we have been doing lately is flushing all the phosphoramidites back into
> their bottles immediately after the last synthesis of the day.  The logic is
> not to let any phos sit in the lines as moisture can diffuse across them and
> cause crystals to form.  This seems to be working well.
>
> Erik Gustafson

BTW this happens with ABI, Millipore or Cruachem reagents....you have to
replace the lines if they get clogged...if you need help feel free to
contact me...cheaper than placing a service call to the synthesiser guys...

Martin

.....          Martin Leach                Email:leach at mbcrr.harvard.edu
 _/  |-/__==/  80 E. Concord St. (L603)
p.s. try BioMOO (virtual biology on the internet - telnet
bioinfo.weizmann.ac.il 8888)