RNA isolation from PANCREAS!!!

Mr J.S. Erikson ferret at liverpool.ac.uk
Wed Nov 30 10:29:35 EST 1994

Hi,
	Am I having major problems with this one.
Ive been isolating RNA from tissues and from leukocytes using several diff
erent methods; Trizol(Gtc complex [GIBCO], Lithium chloride/urea; and alkaline
lysis methods.  Recently Ive tried to isolate total RNA, with the hope of
performing Northern hybridisation from PANCREAS.

Q.	The surgeon who is excising the pancreas has been snap freezing them
in liquid nitrogen, will this fragment mRNAs of approx 1-2kb?

Q.	Would it help to excise the pancreas and immediatley homogenise in
the isolation agent?

  Unfortunately Im losing the RNA through degredation.  Ive had an internal
control in each extraction (Human P.B.L.s) to check my technique is ok.

	Any good ideas out there?  e-mail: ferret at liv.ac.uk

			Thanks people  John Erikson