O.C.T.?

Jim Hutchins hutchins at fiona.umsmed.edu
Tue Nov 29 23:31:42 EST 1994

Jennifer Schmitt (jschmidt at casbah.acns.nwu.edu) wrote:
: Is anyone familiar with a compound for embedding tissues called OCT?  What
: does this stand for?  Know of a common vendor which sells this?  I believe it
: is available from either Miles or Tissue-Tek but I can't find locations or
: phone numbers for either of these companies.  Please respond by e-mail.

As another post noted, it is available from Baxter.

'O.C.T.' stands for Optimal Cutting Temperature, which seems like a goofy
name to me.  Equivalent products are made by other vendors, e.g. Triangle.
(I have no connection to anyone, not even myself :-) .)
Jim Hutchins                    []     E-Mail: jbh at anat.umsmed.edu
Associate Professor, Anatomy    []     Assistant Professor, Neurology
Univ Mississippi Med Ctr        []     Jackson, MS