kinases

Jim Woodgett jwoodget at oci.utoronto.ca
Mon Oct 3 13:50:44 EST 1994

In article <1994Oct3.153602.4210 at nomina.lu.se>, Torben Osterlund <
torben.osterlund at medkem.lu.se> writes:

> I am searching for companies that sell-, or labs that have, the
> following protein kinases: Ca2+/calmodulin dependent PK II and
> glycogen synthase K
> 4. Does anyone have or know who has these kinases. I would like to
> use them for phosphorylation experiments (obviously).

GSK-4 has never been purified to homogeneity.  Try calling Peter Stralfors in
Lund as he has worked with it.  It's possible Philip Cohen (Dundee)or Peter
Roach (Indianapolis) have some in a freezer somewhere but I wouldn't bet on
it.

Cam kinase II is more common and Boehringer might even sell it.

Jim Woodgett