promega wizard kits and the 373

Eric C. Anderson anderson at pharmdec.wustl.edu
Mon Oct 3 13:09:50 EST 1994

In article <Bibbs-2809941623070001 at 137.131.80.19>, Bibbs at scripps.edu (TSRI
Core Facility) wrote:

> I talked with a Promega rep today and she told me that the problem with
> the Wizard kits and the ABI 373 sequencer is that sometimes the fines from
> the resin get in the DNA samples and inhibit the reaction.  Her suggestion
> is to pellet the resin, remove the super and then ethanol ppt.

this is the protocol which we decided works the best and the fastest for
autosequencing on the 373A.  while i have had samples not work using this
template prep method, they could always be traced to a problem other than
the prep. method (usually primer problems).  if you still have problems
after EtOH ppt., you may need to look elsewhere for the cause.

eric

--
*Of course it's not true...         *
anderson at pharmdec.wustl.edu
washington univ. school of medicine              (314)862-2435 (home)
660 s. euclid box 8103                           (314)362-7058 (FAX)
st. louis, mo 63110