Type 52 Polaroid films? Who?******

David L. Haviland, Ph.D. HAVILAND at KIDS.WUSTL.EDU
Tue Oct 4 21:43:18 EST 1994

In <36d2nf$4pg at dns1.NMSU.Edu> smori at opus.nmsu.edu writes:

> Dear Molbionetters,
> I would very much appreciate it if you would let me know the cheapest
> manufacturer of the Type 52 films are. VWR sells them but you'd have to
> sign over the mortgage to your house over to them.
¡> --

This would be good to know as well.  all we ever get is the classic
Polaroid Type 52 as well.  Though, what we do is price around to any and
all of the photo stores here in STL and by it locally, bypassing
VWR/Fischer and the like.  It is still up there at about $306 for 10 boxes.
 When the Fischer rep found out what we were paying, he made a valliant
attempt to match the price but came up short.  i.e, you might be slightly
cheaper to querry outside of the "big boys".

Side note:  I know of at least on other lab that records their agarose gel
via Illford HP5+ in a standard 35 mm format.  I like the idea and might
consider it in another setting but it isn't a feasible option for a large
group.

Hope this helps,
David