Capsaicin

Mike Morris mike at divsun.unige.ch
Wed Oct 5 07:44:59 EST 1994

In article mdaily at delphi.com, mdaily at delphi.com () writes:
>>I may be in the wrong area...   but I want to collect capsaicin from hot
>>peppers to add to a cream. For back rubs etc.. I have tryed water but it goes
>>rancid very quickly. Isopropyl alcohol seems to weaken the heat of the pepper.

  I think you are in the wrong group, but who cares? It's a fun question!
Have you tried extracting with olive oil? Keeps all the heat, and even
the flavour!

Michael Morris PhD
Division of Medical Genetics       tel (Switzerland) (22) 702.56.94
CMU, University of Geneva          fax (Switzerland) (22) 702.57.06
Geneva, Switzerland                email mike at medsun.unige.ch