In search of the "Holy manual"

Timothy Bushnell bushnt at rpi.edu
Wed Oct 5 01:37:55 EST 1994

In Article <36to14$4dg at mserv1.dl.ac.uk>, SPAGNOL at PLAUTO.CSATA.IT wrote:
>Dear colleagues,
>I desperately seek a laboratory manual in the field of proteins which (ideally)

>should be what Maniatis is for nucleic acids.In short it should consist of well

>explained general principles about protein biochemistry and immunochemistry and

>accurate protocols joined in the same book.Does someone outthere know a book
>like that?
>Sincerely ,Giorgio: a molecular biologist who is paying the price of
>superspecialization.

    I know of two books that are excellent for theory and practice of
protein purification, if this is what you mean.

(1)  Robert Scopes _Protein Purification_.  I have the second edition and
don't know if there is a third edition.  It is publised by Springer-Verlag
(2)  Murray Deutscher (ed) _Guide to protein purification_.  This is from
the Methods in Enzymology series and is published by Academic Press.

    If anyone knows of any other texts, I would also be interested in
knowing about them.

Cheers,
Timothy Bushnell
Plant research group

"No Safety now in silence.  We've got to stand our ground.  No hate.  No
violence.  Not in our town."
Fred Small (Montana 1993 or Not in our town)