UV-crosslinking of DNA-protien complex

anon anon
Thu Oct 6 18:19:36 EST 1994

In article <65887.lyc at ibms.sinica.edu.tw>, lyc at IBMS.SINICA.EDU.TW
("L.Y.Chau") wrote:

>  Dear netters:
>  We have obtained a BromodU-labelled oligonucleotide and planned to do
>  UV-crosslinking experiments.  As we know that BromodU is light-sensitive.
>  Do we need to perform all the experiments in the dark including
>  oligonucleotides annealing, DNA purification, radioactive labelling and
>  protein binding reaction before UV-crosslinking?
>
>  Jonghwei Pang
   I worked in a lab where we used photoreactive nucleotde analogs, to
analyze transcription reactions, and we did all our reactions in dark
brown microfuge tubes, however I can't remember where we got them, and
this enabled us to do our reactions in the light. We worried about long
term exposure to light but not short term, and we were using bromo-U
derivatives that were more sensitive to light!