How do you measure rat's blood pressure???

Stefan Kahlert UZS13B at ibm.rhrz.uni-bonn.de
Fri Oct 7 15:58:37 EST 1994

Hi everybody,

Probably there are better groups to post this question (please tell me
if I am right) but I am used to this group and I like it!

As I said we need to measure the blood pressure of rats.

We prefer an unbloody method, maybe measuring at the tail (Riva-Rocci-
method) but how *exactly* does one do it? Experienced persons needed!

How do you measure the pulse? How do you apply the pressure to the tail?
Where do you have this equipment from? Self made?

Thanks in advance (and please answer by mail)!

Stefan